Saturday, May 7, 2011

Cooking with Celia?

Cooking is a lot like writing poetry. Think of the ingredients as words; you toss some together, and the whole becomes bigger than its parts. You experiment, fiddle with it. One day cilantro, another day parsley. It feeds you.

It's no wonder, then, that come May 20, 2011, Deborah Ager of the 32poems blog is going to be collecting recipes from poet-bloggers. Here is her rationale:

Recipes for Poets

by 32poems on April 26, 2011

Time management is one of the most important (yet seldom discussed) aspects of being a poet or any kind of artist. Are your eyes glazing over because I wrote “time management”? Stick with with me a for a moment, please.

Since most poets have other work that takes their attention away from art, it’s important to have time management skills. One of the many ways I save time is by cooking healthy meals that do not take long to prepare.

For that reason, I invite you to join me in posting your favorite 20-minute (or so) recipe on May 20, 2011.

I think this is a great idea and I’m going to be posting my Black-Eyed Peas and Quinoa Salad recipe. If you’d like to know more, visit the 32poems blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...